Get to know two major universities as you discover their unique architecture, student bodies, and history. And, of course, try different offerings from local food trucks.
Philadelphia History, Highlights, & Revolution
- Duration: 2 hours
- Start time: 10:30am, 2:00pm
- Availability: Daily
- Meeting Location: Signers Garden, Chestnut Street
- COVID-19 Information: As of January 10, 2022, all guests ages 5+ will be required to show proof of vaccination to attend this tour (guests 18+ must also show a matching valid ID). An original CDC vaccination card or a photo or electronic copy of the card are all acceptable forms of documentation. Proof of a negative COVID test WILL NOT be accepted. Additionally, masks are required for visitors ages 2+ while inside the Museum of the American Revolution.
- Child Ages 6-12
- Child Under 6
Discover Philadelphia history beyond what the guidebooks tell you!
Philadelphia is widely regarded as one of America’s most historically significant cities, and for good reason! This is the city where the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution were born. It was Philly that served as America’s capital before Washington DC even existed. Here is where the American flag was created, where Ben Franklin proved that lightning was electricity, and where the iconic Liberty Bell rang and cracked but endures as a symbol of freedom. These are just a few examples of how Philadelphia has helped shape the United States of America. Come and take a guided stroll through Independence National Park, along the cobblestone streets of Old City, past buildings, statues, and monuments, and through the history you think you know. Your local guide will separate the fact from the fiction and you will be amazed by Philadelphia’s remarkable past.
- Visit Independence National Historical Park and hear the stories behind the sites of the park and the famous figures who lived in the area during the American Revolution.
- Explore some of the lesser-known locales throughout Old City and the Historic District – from pocket parks to fascinating statues to surprising local art.
- Walk through the sprawling Independence Mall where historic events have shaped modern-day Philly and the United States.
- Enjoy admission to a modern museum and see a live demonstration about George Washington’s War Tent and the important role it played during the American Revolution.
- Get to know a local non-profit; a donation to this community organization is also included in your tour ticket.
Inclusions: Local, English-speaking guide, admission to a demonstration at the Museum of the American Revolution, a donation to a local community organization, and National Park Service Fee for guided groups.
Exclusions: Personal shopping, additional food and drink, gratuity.