En este paseo histórico por Nueva York, nos dirigiremos por el Lower East Side, visitando panaderías, iglesias, mercados y sitios históricos de hace 100 años.
- Person All ages 3+
Tenements, Tales, and Tastes Tour
You’ll enjoy the story of the millions of immigrants and taste several delicious dishes of the many groups that have lived there. We’ll walk the narrow, tenement lined, streets of an area known by names like Kleindeutschland, Chinatown, and Losaida. Whether they were Dutch, Jewish, or Chinese we’ll learn about and taste something from every group that has called the neighborhood home and you’ll leave full and happy.
Why Book a Private Tour?
- Choose your own start time
- Add a hotel pick-up
- Get the tour in another language
- Customize a tour specifically for your group!
- Discover NYC from a local perspective, with a local guide by your side
- Sample some of the delicious iconic treats of New York
- Stroll through New York’s unique cultural historic sites in the Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Little Italy.
- Get a glimpse into New York’s immigrant heritage and how it’s shaping the city today
Get in touch with the tasty culture of NYC on this New York food tour that is a pleasure for both the body and the mind!
On this historical tour of New York, we make our way in a loop around the NYC LES, seeing 100-year old bakeries, churches, and historic sites. We stroll the streets of Little Italy just as Lucky Luciano might have a century ago. Marvel at former and still operating synagogues and Jewish clothing stores. We dive into the culture remembered at places such as the Lower East Side Tenement Museum and the African Burial Ground, and the exciting streets of Chinatown, where you feel like you’re in Shanghai!
Along the way on our New York City food tour, we sink our teeth into amazing stories and amazing food. Knishes, prosciutto, dumplings, and more. We taste why New York City is the center of the world and the culinary legacy left here by those that have passed by Lady Liberty on their way to fulfill the American Dream.
- Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide and several tastes of different ethnic dishes.
- Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, souvenirs or items of a personal nature, and tips and gratuities for your guide. Guests are encouraged to bring a refillable bottle for water.
- Meeting Point: In front of the African Burial Ground National Monument, across from 7 Elk Street (between Duane and Reade Street), New York, NY 10007
- Attire: Please dress comfortably and appropriate for the weather as much of the tour takes place outside.