Come along with us as we explore New York City’s rich immigrant history from past to present!
- Child 12 & under
NYC Hamilton Tour
- Includes guide (food & drink is not included)
- Advanced purchase/reservation required
- Duration is about 2 hours
- Schedule: Daily at 3pm
Stroll the streets of New York’s oldest neighborhood as we retrace the steps of one of our greatest locals and founding father, Mr. Alexander Hamilton. Discover how Wall Street, the Stock Exchange, and our financial system began with this young immigrant.
Why Book a Private Tour?
- Choose your own start time
- Add a hotel pick-up
- Get the tour in another language
- Customize a tour specifically for your group!
- Dive deep into the story of the star of the hit musical Hamilton in NYC’s most historic neighborhood
- Take a peek at Hamilton’s gravesite, located in one of the most historic churchyards in town
- Discover the origins of the New York Stock Exchange and Wall Street’s many other financial institutions
- See the tavern where Hamilton and Burr broke bread for the last time before their infamous duel
- Get an introduction to a few of our favorite financial district food stops
With the success of the hit musical Hamilton, we’ve created a tour to help people understand how an illegitimate immigrant finds his way to New York, remakes himself, and becomes one of our most brilliant, charismatic, and controversial founding fathers! Walk in the footsteps of Alexander Hamilton through New York City’s oldest neighborhood, the financial district, and discover how this famous New Yorker has his fingerprints on nearly every landmark these streets have to offer.
Our adventure begins next to the “Wall Street Bull,” which has come to symbolize the kind of financial daring that Hamilton himself had as a Founding Father. Learn how Hamilton arrived in America on the eve of a revolution and quickly became one of the most influential minds of his day, only to be shot dead before his 50th birthday.
We learn how Hamilton’s role as America’s first Secretary of the Treasury ultimately led to the creation of the New York Stock Exchange. Across the street sits Federal Hall, where Hamilton looked on as George Washington was sworn in as our nation’s’ first president and where he served in the first cabinet.
We’ll also check out the two Wall Street skyscrapers that still stand as reminders of the epic feud between Hamilton and Burr, one emblazoned with the name of one of our more recent politicians and local celebrities, Donald Trump.
Along the entire route, we discover not only Hamilton’s history in New York but also how he came to epitomize the American Dream, created the modern world we live in today, inspired many of our wealthy leaders who continue to shape the city and world, and finally, how he wrestled with the questions of wealth, privilege, and power in ways that are just as relevant today as they were in the 1700s.
- Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide.
- Exclusions: Food and drinks, souvenirs and items of a personal nature, and tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Meeting Point: Charging Bull sculpture – 30 Broadway, New York, NY 10004
- Attire: Please dress comfortably and appropriate for the weather as much of the tour takes place outside.