Discover your new favorite craft beer, cider or gin on this fabulous food and drink tour of Denver’s most exciting and up-and-coming neighborhood, the River North Art District.
- Adult Ages 21+
Enjoy a Tour of Denver’s River North (RiNo) Arts District
Explore the colorful creative side of Denver on this tour through the mural-covered streets of the River North (RiNo) Arts District. You’ll go off the tourist trail to see some of the most diverse and exciting works of street art in the American West – including graffiti and 3D installations, diverse works by and supporting black, female, Native American, and LGBT artists, and the ever-changing annual work of the CRUSH Walls Festival. Along the way, you’ll enjoy a local treat to snack on as you feast on the best art RiNo has to offer!
Your tour of Denver’s art scene in the hip and happening River North (RiNo) Arts District begins at Denver’s Central Market. This hub of the city’s Art District was originally home to a 1920s souvenir shop and has evolved into a vibrant food hall, offering everything from creative ice cream flavors (dare to try the whiskey and pistachio combo?) to a variety of locally-sourced and fair trade products. Your guide will fill you in on the fascinating history of the Market and why it’s the perfect kick-off to your art experience.
From the Central Market, you’ll make your way through the mural-covered streets of RiNo. Having recently seen a boom of revitalization, this part of the Mile High City is now a canvas for creative souls of all types. As you walk, you’ll be struck by the incredible colors, scale, and variety of the art. Your guide will highlight styles ranging from graffiti to massive murals to brain-bending 3D installations. You’ll get to know the stories behind the art, including environmental activism, social causes, music, and inspirational figures.
As the stories unfold, you may get the chance to enter one of RiNo’s dynamic art studio spaces. Here, local artists collaborate under one roof, creating art of all kinds. Engage with the artists and discover the passion behind the creativity.
Throughout your tour, you will hear about one of the most exciting art events on Denver’s calendar – the CRUSH Walls festival. You’ll witness its impact on the neighborhood, not just during the week-long festival but throughout the year as well. Your tour ticket includes a donation to CRUSH Walls, and this contribution will directly support local Denver artists.
As the tour comes to an end, our aim is for you to have a new appreciation for Denver’s creative side. Your tour concludes in the heart of RiNo, where your guide will point you in the direction of their favorite brewery, restaurant, or art gallery.
Inclusions: English-speaking guide, small snack or drink, donation to a local art program
Exclusions: Items of a personal nature, gratuity for the guide
– Wear comfortable clothes and shoes that you can walk in. The summer months can be especially hot, so please bring sunscreen and a hat. In winter be sure to dress warm, as we’ll be outside for a majority of the tour. Walking may be difficult in snowy or rainy weather.
– This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
– In the event of road or attraction closures, your guide will do their best to work around the obstacles or take your tour to alternate locations.
Why Book a Private Tour?
- Choose your own start time
- Add a hotel pick-up
- Get the tour in another language
- Customize a tour specifically for your group!